Diversity and Inclusion
Creating a Diverse and Inclusive Organisation
- An action plan which maps you to actions over a fixed time period
- A resource plan that commits the appropriate level of investment (people and finances) to be able to implement your action plan
- A clear measurement framework that defines what good looks like to keep you on track.
My approach to working with organisations who wish to become more diverse and inclusive is to build a strategy and plan, based around seven key pillars.
- Leadership and Accountability
Having your organisational leaders take responsibility for shaping, guiding and implementing diversity and inclusion and seeing it as part of their core role and accountability.
Ensuring you can source and select highly capable and diverse talent for your organization
- Retention and Progression
Developing systems and processes to ensure you can retain and promote diverse talent in your organisation and removing the barriers to advancement
- Learning and Development
How you build an understanding of what diversity and inclusion means for your managers and staff and how you develop the capability in your diverse workforce to allow them to fulfill their potential.
- Flexible work
The design of roles and the development of policies in the organisation to maximize the ability of different groups to contribute fully, regardless of location or hours worked.
Constructing remuneration, benefits and incentive processes to ensure that they meet the needs of different groups and do not unintentionally disadvantage or limit the contribution of one group over another
- Outreach and Communication
How you build your reputation in the community as a diverse and inclusive place to work and demonstrate that commitment to your staff, providers, stakeholders customers and the community as a whole.